How to wear headscarf hijab
In the Quran,it reads "“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59) Although the one reason we all wear the hijab is follow this commandment, we still want to feel beautiful both inside and outside. Here are a few tips to do this and maintain modesty.
1. Lets start off by figuring out which style of hijab works best for your face shape. There are wrap like ones, "Turkish" style ones, two pieces (not recommended for older women) and many more! There is Persian style which is simply wrapped around your head and knotted under your chin.Look up websites on the Internet and you are more than likely to come across countless hijab sites. The variety of scarf styles are endless, but you're bound to find one that suits you.
2. No Hide, Easy Seeking As long as there is a store you walk into and they're selling head scarfs. YOU CAN WEAR A HIJAB , You don't have to Google " Hijab stores near..." You will barely find anything with a name like that.You can find them in big stores like Walmart or even Street vendors, just take your time to find out what design and material is right for you.
3. Now that we have the right type, work on the colors. Fair skinned women and dark toned women are at an advantage in this area. Almost all colors of hijab will look good on these two extremes of skin tones.
4. Consider your eye color. Try to go for colors similar to your eye color. Light eyes always look good in black and gray hijabs, while dark eyed girls should go for lighter colors to emphasize the difference.
5. Every woman's favorite thing in the world MAKE UP!.. Although this has been a controversial question of whether wearing the hijab with makeup defeats the purpose of trying to promote modesty, It is up to you to decide what you believe is "too much" makeup. A little mascara and lip-gloss is subtle, yet highlights the natural beauty that Allah has blessed women with. It is always fun to experiment with different colors of eyeliner such as blue, green, plum, gray and many others!After applying eye liner, you can use mascara on your top lashes and finish it all off with a quick brush of pink blush. It looks subtle but greatly emphasizes your features.
6. Take good care of your skin! This is an annoying thing for some of us to hear. It is easier to wish your skin was clear than to actually have clear skin. This is where the invention of foundation and concealer can be appreciated! A little cover, powder and/or concealer can make your complexion seemingly flawless. As many Muslim girls may know, not all parents appreciate their daughters using too much makeup. Compromise with them. At least, try to use some powder. It will make a difference.
7. Match your clothes as best as you can. However, if you find you don't have a matching hijab, white hijab goes good with everything.
8. Don't be afraid to be in style! Just because we are modestly dressed, doesn't mean our sense of style needs to diminish! Get those cute shoes you saw at the mall! Just don't go overboard though. We all have good style, we just need to work on bringing it out. Try to imitate styles that you see celebrities wearing just Hijab's! Make it appropriate. Try wearing long dresses with the regular(skinny is not modest and too exposing)jeans under with cute, matching flats and a matching hijab!
9. Be proud, but don't be arrogant. Even if your opinions conflict with others, express them in a rational way.